This page on the “Quebec Records” site has a map of Catholic parishes in the Province of Quebec until 1912.
Monthly Archives: August 2015
New Live Webinars
I’m putting on what will be the last of my new webinars for a while as I’m getting back to research and writing. Our topics on Friday/Saturday of this week are:
- Charts, Charts, and More Charts
- Pre-1850 Research
- Genealogical Terms and Definitions
- Preserving Past You
Anyone registered will receive a complimentary copy of the download after the presentations have been recorded. Even if you can’t attend live, register and get the recorded copy a few days after the session. There are more details here.
Digital Wyoming Newspapers
The Wyoming State Library has over 800,000 pages of online digital newspapers–all full text searchable.
Historic Oregon Newspapers
This portal on the University of Oregon website contains links to digital images of dozens of Oregon newspapers.
Thanks to those who purchased webinars during my closeout sale. To let people complete missed downloads, etc. the hosting service is still up and if you missed the chance to order you can still do so. Please note:
- if you ordered presentations and had download issues, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org so that this can be corrected before the end of the month
- if you’d still like to order, we can take orders through the end of the month. Just make certain you download the file as soon as the download link comes through. You don’t have to view immediately.
State Reporters on Google Books
Many state reporters (where cases appealed to the state supreme court) are summarized have been digitized by GoogleBooks. While most of the summaries focus on the reasons behind the appeal, there may be genealogical details in the cases and the existence of an appeal would indicate an original action in a lower court.
One way to locate entries in these reporters is to include the last name, the name of the county, and the name of the state when searching in GoogleBooks at http://books.google.com
Digital Library of Georgia
This portal on the University System of Georgia website contains links to digital images of newspapers across the State of Georgia.
Webinar Sales Ending Today (Saturday)!
Our genealogy webinar closeout continues through 22 August (today). Download is immediate and presentations can be viewed when or as often as you want. Don’t wait!
Oklahoma Newspapers Online
The “Oklahoma Digital Newspaper Collection” on the Oklahoma Historical Society website contains digital images of many newspapers across Oklahoma. Full text search is available.
Moline, Galva, and Geneseo, Illinois Papers Back Online
[these now appear to be working again after some time offline]
Three libraries in western Illinois have placed online versions of newspapers for free.
- Moline Public Library–variety of 20th century newspapers
- Galva Public Library [Illinois]- newspapers from1879-2012
- Geneseo Pubic Library [Illinois]-newspapers from 1856-2013