We are excited to offer this new class on using US census records. Virtually every US genealogist uses census records, but not everyone is aware of how those records can be maximized for what they do contain. There are limitations to these records, but there are advantages to them as well. If you’ve wondered if you are getting the most out of US census records, this class is for you.
This three-week session will look at US census records from 1850 through 1940. Topics discussed will include:
- enumerator instructions and how information “got in the census”
- organization of original records
- working with family structure in 1850-1870 records
- correlating a family’s census records over time
- evaluating accuracy of census records
- determining other records suggested by a family’s enumerations
- crafting census citations
Our approach is laid-back, down-to-earth, and informal while providing accurate information and analysis.
Order here–intro price of $50 through 29 August. Regular price of $65 applies after that date. Download is immediate and media can be replayed for personal use only.